Unleashed to the masses on Friday, April 23 at the Somerville Theatre in Davis Square, "Winter's Bone" follows a 17-year-old girl as she as she hunts down her drug-dealing father while trying to keep her family intact.
In addition to its list of 2010 winner,s IFFBoston announced that its last-minute closing night film switcheroo, Jean-Pierre Jeunet’s latest masterpiece "Micmacs" was screened in place of James Franco's documentary "Saturday Night," sold out in less than 48 hours.
Below are the IFFBoston's top award winners:
- Grand jury prize for narrative feature is "Down Terrace," directed by Ben Wheatley
- Special jury prize for narrative feature is "Winter's Bone," directed by Debra Granik
- Audience award for narrative feature is "Winter's Bone," directed by Debra Granik
- Grand jury prize for documentary feature is "The Oath," directed by Laura Poitras
- Special jury prize for documentary feature is "Marwencol," directed by Jeff Malmberg
- Audience award for documentary feature is "Family Affair," directed by Boston-based filmmaker Chico Colvard
--Photos by Ryan Miner, Beantown Photo